On September the 11th, less than 2 months ago, I made my very first blog post in this blog. Today, I am posting my 50th. Of course, some things have changed in that short time – things are always changing when you have an infant. Squirm is nearly 12 weeks old and is less into the toy elephant and more into anything he can fit into his mouth. I can drive again after the 6 weeks after my c-section. And I discovered an awesome community of people online.
What have I Learned?
- Posting every day or almost every day isn’t too hard with a little preparation. The scheduling tool is brilliant.
- Get involved with link ups. It’s the best way to meet other awesome bloggers
- Don’t spend all day obsessively refreshing the stats page. it’s just sad
- Use photos – they look pretty
- Reply to comments as much as possible
- Link up with Facebook and Twitter – another way to meet people
- Start saving to go to a blogging conference some day 🙂
- I really want a smart phone to make taking pictures easier
- I probably should organise some business cards – people are always interested in the blog when I talk to them about it 🙂
Because I’m pretty stoked that this is my 50th post, I decided to tell you 5 things you may not know about me:
- I’m a big geek when it comes to Buffy, West Wing, Spooks, Harry Potter and Glee
- I’ve been on the internet since around 1996. I started with very basic web pages and taught myself basic html
- I met Mr Pilot when we both worked at the Myer Centre Eatery
- Although my Bachelor of Arts had a major in history, one of my favourite classes was an American Politics class
- My favourite colours have been green and pink for a while, but I’m developing a real affection for nice blues at the moment
Looking for me elsewhere?